Containment Breach: Run
|This article is about upcoming content. As such, information on this topic will constantly be added and/or changed up until its release.
|Containment Breach: Run|
|Directed by||Gage Allen|
|Written by||Gage Allen, Aaron Onyon|
Containment Breach: Run (stylized as Containment Breach: RUN) is an upcoming live-action short film based upon SCP - Containment Breach being directed by Gage ("Lotims") Allen. The film is currently set to be roughly 20-30 minutes long and is said to be released sometime in the near future.
Development[edit | edit source]
The project began work around April, 2014 when Lotims, the person behind the first two trailers for SCP - Containment Breach, began discussing with Regalis the possibility of creating a live-acting short film to coincide with the release of v1.0 of the game. Regalis liked the idea and together they began discussing the details of the film.
Lotims then contacted Gabriel Jade, Dr Dan and Dr. Gears (the authors of SCP-049, 096, and 106's articles respectively) to ask them if they wanted to participate in the project, to which they all agreed.
The script and story were completed shortly after as at this point Containment Breach: Run was intended to be a 30 second to a minute and a half short promo and nothing more. However, as the months went on both Lotims and Regalis agreed to push back its release to begin revising the current work. In this time Lotims began re-writing the script with a larger scope and run time in mind. Regalis loved the new script and Lotims began to rework the project from a short promo into a full film.
Timeline[edit | edit source]
2017 - 2018
2014[edit | edit source]
- May 19 - The project is officially announced on SCP - Containment Breach's official forums. Lotims stated that the film will contain 4 SCPs: SCP-049, SCP-096, SCP-106 and SCP-173. SCP-173 is going to be a statue created from scratch, while the other three will be portrayed by actors. SCP-096's actor will have an added fake jaw and limbs in order to make them resemble Dr. Dan's, the author of SCP-096, interpretation of his character more closely.
- July 30 - v1.0 is released, Containment Breach: Run is still not out. Lotims then clarified that the release date had been pushed back due to delays regarding securing locations to film in, stating "The reason why is because with something the size and scale of this project, we would need more time to make it polished. We could have easily rushed it and gotten it done by today, but it would not have been as good as we can make it, and I want to make sure that we do this game and the fans, justice."
- August 6 - Lotims confirms that he has received permission from Izumi Kato (whom created the statue which SCP-173 is based off of) to use SCP-173 in Containment Breach: Run.
- August 15 - Lotims reveals the cast for the film on a newly created IMBD page for Containment Breach: Run.
- September 14 - The first promo for Containment Breach: Run is uploaded to YouTube, titled "TO THE SCP FOUNDATION". The video contains a stock static video background with the message "TO THE SCP FOUNDATION" appearing in the center. A morse code message plays throughout the video saying "HIDDEN ARE SECRETS ... TRUTH WILL BE KNOWN ... A STORM IS COMING".
- September 15 - A second promo is posted, titled "WE SEE ALL". This video contains the same stock static video background, however it is accompanied by a disembodied voice saying "I am the Chaos Administrator. I am part of a rogue cell. One of which, is your enemy. A storm is coming, and there is nothing you can do to stop it... I wish you luck, Foundation.", along with stock sound effects taken from miscellaneous sources and SCP - Containment Breach playing in the background. The end of the video contains a morse code message saying "September 16th, 12:00pm PST", referring to the time and date the third promo would be uploaded at. In addition the description contains a morse code message as well reading "YOU CANNOT HIDE... YOU CANNOT STOP WHAT IS COMING... YOU CANNOT ESCAPE".
- September 16 - The third and final promo is posted, titled "THE HUNT BEGINS NOW". The video is similar to the previous two promos only this time it includes the text "THE HUNT BEGINS NOW" in the center of the stock static. Clicking on the square box surrounding the image takes you to the teaser trailer for Containment Breach: Run. The sound effects continue to rise in pinch until the screen goes black. The video continues playing stock sound effects until abruptly ending. The description contains yet another morse code message reading "BREACH". It is presumed that these promos are intended to be the Chaos Insurgency cryptically telling the Foundation that they plan on causing a containment breach.
- September 16 - A teaser for Containment Breach: Run is released to coincide with the third promo. The teaser shows a couple of shots of the facility as well as a scientist getting killed by SCP-173 while the song " " by Perry Comos plays in the background.
- October 1 - Lotims announces that Kevin MacLeod will be composing a few original tracks for Containment Breach: Run. also revealed on his official website and Facebook that he would be composing several tracks for Containment Breach: Run and its trailer.
- December 10 - A featurette for Containment Breach: Run is released, showcasing interviews with Lotims, Jason Daniel and Doug Hudson. Said featurette has been removed from their YouTube channel since Jason Daniel is no longer apart of the project.
2015[edit | edit source]
- January 20 - Lotims announces that Jason Daniel was being dropped as the lead actor in favour of Andrew Tribolini, stating "Here at Lotims Inc. we are dedicated to ensuring the best end result in content possible, regardless of the sacrifices we have to make in order to achieve that goal. That is why it is our duty to do what is necessary in order to portray our stories correctly, and how they were built from the beginning. It is for this reason we have let go of our lead actor Jason Daniel." It was also announced that this change in lead would only delay the film's release by one week. Lotims later stated that the decision to replace Jason Daniel came to him after having done a 36-hour filming period for the film. After seeing him on and off-screen, Lotims decided that he wasn't the best fit for the lead role. When the team was looking for a new lead actor Doug Hudson suggested having Andrew Tribolini take the role, whom at the time was the planned actor for SCP-106. Lotims began speaking with Andrew about it, to which he agreed after reading the script.
- February 13 - Lotims begins suffering from 'major health issues' and Containment Breach: Run's development was announced to be delayed until he recovered.
- February 15 - Lotims posts a vlog on his YouTube channel clarifying his condition. He stated that some of his health issues may have been caused by the amount of stress of working on several projects and jobs at once. He said that he is now recovering and that the project was back on track, albeit now at a slower pace.
- May 4 - An updated featurette for Containment Breach: Run showing off the new lead actor, Andrew Tribolini, is released. This video is identical to the previous featurette (both Gage Allen and Doug Hudson's interviews are taken directly from the previous one), with the exception of Jason Daniel's interview being replaced by a new interview with Andrew.
- May 9 - Lotims releases a video on his YouTube channel regarding the current state of SCP - Containment Breach: Run. He stated that the project is being worked on at full force and that it is set for a summer release. Lotims later elaborated that the team is currently working on the final portions of the film.
- May 14 - v1.1 of SCP - Containment Breach is released, and inside the update were a few details regarding Jim Gonzales. These include a page from his journal and a small cameo.
- June 23 - Lotims posts a mock-up cover art for a blu-ray edition of Containment Breach: Run and asks fans if they would purchase one if it was available.
- August 6 - Lotims announces that the film is being pushed back yet again due to new developments at their company. He stated that the team is waiting for these developments to be complete so that the film can be "...unbound of the resource restriction we've been running into as of lately...".
2016[edit | edit source]
- August 13 - Lotims makes an announcement on the Containment Breach: Run's Facebook page proposing the idea of using a crowdfunding platform to fund the rest of the film's development.
Plot[edit | edit source]
It's going to be from the point of view of Jim Gonzales, a janitor working at the same site SCP - Containment Breach takes place in. The film will follow Gonzales as he tries to survive the containment breach and make it out of the facility alive.
Cast and Crew[edit | edit source]
Gage Allen - Director, Producer, Writer
Aaron Onyon - Writer
Zachary McFarland - SCP-096
Kevin MacLeod - Composer
- Special Effects & Make-up Artist
- Special Effects & Make-up Artist
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Main article: SCP - Containment Breach: Run's Gallery
Videos[edit | edit source]
The following consists of promotional videos and teasers for Containment Breach: Run.
- Main article: SCP - Containment Breach: Run's Video Gallery
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Containment Breach: Run - Update
- Officially Licensed Live-Action Promo Spot
- Izumi Kato (Creator of original sculpture 173) contacted me
- Containment Breach: Run - Poster and BTS Photos!
- Containment Breach: Run - Health Issue Update
- The deal with Containment Breach: Run and my health issues[dead link]
- I'm Back with Destiny![dead link]
- New Containment Breach: Run Poster and RELEASE WINDOW
- Containment Breach: Run - UPDATE (2015)