|SCP Link|| SCP-914|
|This SCP has music relating to it.|
Description[edit | edit source]
SCP-914 is a large machine consisting of gears, pulleys, and other mechanical parts. It has a large front panel and two booths, labeled 'Intake' and 'Output'. When an object is placed into the 'Intake' booth, and the key is turned, the object goes inside the machine to appear in the 'Output' booth. While inside the machine, based on the setting of the knob on the front panel, the machine will appear to refine or degrade the item, with Rough being the most degraded, to Very Fine being the most improved.
In-game[edit | edit source]
SCP-914's chamber requires a level 2 keycard to access. Much of the chamber is taken up by SCP-914 itself. The player can drop items inside SCP-914's 'Intake' booth by going inside the booth, then dragging an object out of any inventory slots. The player can then turn the upper knob on the panel to select any of 5 different settings.
When finished with selecting a setting, the player can turn the key on the lower section of the front panel to begin the refining process, with the objects appearing in the 'Output' booth after a brief period of time.
Each setting will affect the outcome of each item placed into SCP-914. The effect of each of SCP-914's settings are described below;
"Rough"[edit | edit source]
Often dismantles and destroys items.
"Coarse"[edit | edit source]
Dismantles items into more refined parts.
"1:1"[edit | edit source]
Gives an item of at least nearly equal use and function. Some properties may be slightly altered.
"Fine"[edit | edit source]
Refines items and usually improves it with an anomalous feature.
"Very Fine"[edit | edit source]
Usually gives a heavily anomalous version of items. Some items can be deadly, while some may be more useful than their default or "Fine" counterparts.
By quickly turning the key and sprinting into the 'Intake' booth, the player can be affected by SCP-914.
List of Possible Outputs[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Possible outputs
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When using SCP-914, multiple items can be refined at once.
- SCP-914's "Intake" booth originally said "Input" above it from v0.1-0.6.6.
- While SCP-914 is working, it is possible to press against the door of the intake booth and the player will be blinded, as if inside the actual booth itself.
- If the player keeps pressing against the door for the duration of the sound effects, they will be included in the refining process and be teleported into the output booth with the effect generated by SCP-914's current setting (i.e. "1:1" will result in inverted mouse control).
Gallery[edit | edit source]
SCP-914 as it appears in the loading screen.