SCP-970 as it appears in the loading screen.
| Object Class
| SCP Link
SCP-970, also known as "The Recursive Room", is an SCP encountered in SCP - Containment Breach.
SCP-970 is a spatial phenomenon wherein a collection of rooms are looped on themselves. In all cases found, this is by means of a series of doors appearing in the walls, all in a straight line, such that it is possible to walk forwards and end up at the starting position. The alteration to the rooms does not affect neighbouring rooms and floors.
SCP-970 affects a 2-way hallway and storage room in the Light Containment Zone. Inside the storage room is a level 1 keycard, a 9V battery, SCP-939's document and an empty cup. As the player walks through the looping doors, several changes in the environment can be noticed:
- Depending on how many items are in the player's inventory, one of them might disappear.
- The player will randomly get injured.
- Blood decals will randomly appear in the room, sometimes on the ceiling.
- If the player is carrying any documents, one of them will be replaced by another random document.
- A Strange Note will appear in the room or replace an existing item in the player's inventory.
- A dead scientist will appear in the room, rotating in mid-air should the player continue walking through SCP-970.
- A random item can appear in the player's inventory.
- A guard can be found standing in the hallway. He will not speak but will always face the player. He will disappear if the player continues going through the doors.
- Security Chief Franklin's fourth emergency broadcast will play, regardless of whether or not the player has the radio equipped.
- SCP-173's texture will swap to its Halloween variant.
Any items the player has dropped in the room may be removed or duplicated after they walk through the looping doors.
The hallway SCP-970 is affecting.
The random blood splatters.
Ditto, floating in mid-air.
A guard encountered in the hallway.