The radio is an equippable item found in SCP - Containment Breach. It is essential in supplying the player with information by listening to conversations being broadcast amongst Foundation staff. The player can switch through Channels 1-5 by pressing the corresponding number key.
Channel 1[edit | edit source]
- Will play any files that are placed inside the directory
SCP - Containment Breach/SFX/Radio/UserTracks/(the options menu includes a button to make the game re-check the directory for new sound files). Pressing 1 will cycle to the next track inside the directory.
- If nothing is placed in the directory, then it will only output static.
Channel 2[edit | edit source]
- Continuously broadcasts the site-wide announcement of the containment breach.
Channel 3[edit | edit source]
|Channel 3 has music relating to it.|
- Relays a series of prerecorded messages that provide guidance, morale and site announcements for personnel. The messages are always accompanied by a cheery, albeit slightly discordant theme tune.
- "You're listening to SCP Foundation On-site Radio! Your 24/7 source for prerecorded messages."
- "A reminder, in the event of a XK-class end-of-the-world scenario, don't panic! It won't help. Nothing at all will help. However, panicking will help probably the least."
- "Report all suspect behaviour to your supervisors immediately. If you haven't noticed any unusual activity recently, you're not looking hard enough. A threat to security can originate from anywhere and no one is above suspicion. Not even you. Stay paranoid. Stay vigilant."
- "Should you hear a different voice announcing for SCP Foundation On-site Radio, disregard it entirely. He is not a foundation employee! He is trying to trick you and cannot be trusted. Any advice he gives can only inevitably lead to destruction, death, and utter chaos. You are immeasurably better off listening to me."
- "In the extremely unlikely event of a catastrophic power failure and subsequent facility-wide containment breach, just remember the crisis ABCs. A for Armaments. B for Blinking, come the lack of. And C for Cardiovascular fortitude. As they say, shoot, stare and sprint! Or feed the incoming monster one of your friends. Stay alive, stay vigilant."
- "Don't forget! Wednesday is pizza day! So head on down to the cafeteria and grab yourself a hot slice! -The SCP Foundation holds no liability for any injuries or illnesses sustained or contracted through the attendance of pizza day."
- "When dining at the facility cafeteria, always remember to check your ration for the deadly seven. Strychnine, Arsenic Trioxide, Nitrobenzene, Mercury, Epichlorohydrin, Acetone Thiosemicarbazone, and spiders. Stay healthy! Stay vigilant."
- Occasionally, a distorted message will come upon the radio feed. The radio jingle is off-key and in reverse and a message can be made out by an unknown male voice.
- "Every single thing he says is a lie. Every single one. Don't listen to him. You can trust me. I can get you out of this. I can get you away from all of this. Just listen to me."
It is unknown who the voice belongs to and what intentions they may hold.
Channel 4[edit | edit source]
- Occasional chatter between MTF units can be heard.
- "Man. I wish we still had some of that 420-J. It was so awesome."
- "I still keep a plant somewhere, man."
- "Hey man, what if we gave some 420-J to that freaky statue thing?"
- "Why, he's like, already stoned."
- [laughs quietly]
- "Did you hear that?"
- "Yeah, the big lizard thing is making a huge mess somewhere out there."
- "This place seriously gives me the creeps, let's get this over with quickly."
- "I wonder what will happen after this, man."
- "I dunno, let's just get this over with."
- "This place is so fucking crazy."
- "No shit, Sherlock."
- "Holy shit. He's dead. What the fuck!? How did he... Anyone wanna try that?"
- "No way, you moron!"
- "The jackass didn't look ahead. Why the heck didn't he notice it?"
- "You guys want to put some stuff in that clockwork thing to see what comes out?"
- "You must be fucking crazy, that thing is dangerous."
- "Well, I'm so curious. What could happen?"
- "Shut the hell up. Let's get this over with."
- The MTF unit can be later heard at Gate B over the radio.
- "They'll detonate the Alpha Warheads, let's hope this shield takes the blast."
- "This is gonna be some loud shit."
- "Oh my fucking god!"
- If the player disables the Alpha Warheads
- "Oh... seems that they cancelled the detonation."
Channel 5[edit | edit source]
- Used as a general channel for communication via Foundation employees.
- Upon listening to the channel for the first time, the voice of an unknown person can be heard getting captured by SCP-106.
- "Hello? Is anyone out there?....I don't know what-...I don't-...Oh god it's coming...Someone...Please anyone...Please...Someone needs to broadcast this station at once...Please...Oh god what is that?....What is that?…[radio feed is abruptly cut off by SCP-106]"
- If the player disables the remote control door system, Dr. Harp will report it over the radio.
- "Um, someone seems to have disabled the remote door control system."
- At random points, various personnel of the site will converse over the radio.
- "This is Dr. Harp, I'm in the middle of something here, so please be quick."
- "That's right, um, feel free to read it if you can reach my office."
- "We can just read the file from the facility Intranet, we'll need your personal access code to do that of course."
- "Oh yeah well, mmm, sounds good, um, as I said I'm pretty busy now, we're giving the Mobile Task Force a li'l brief before sending them in. I'll get there and give you the code when we're done. Shouldn't take longer than 15 minutes."
- "I'm sorry but we need that file immediately. I understand it's against security protocol, but considering the circumstances, couldn't you just give me the code through the radio? At this point, I don't think the situation could become any worse no matter who's listening to us right now."
- "Well, yeah, I-I think you're right, the code is 7-8-1-6."
- "Copy that."
- "Um, Dr. Maynard, do you copy?"
- "This is Agent Ulgrin sir, I'm afraid Dr. Maynard is still inside the facility."
- "Oh, um, have you have any idea of his location or if he's still alive?"
- "Negative, sir, all we know is that he hasn't made it out yet."
- "Copy that, this place is such a goddamn maze and he has been working here only for a week, so it's no wonder he couldn't find his way out. Uh, I hope he's still hanging in there."
- "I guess we'll find out when the Mobile Task Force goes in."
- "Movement in Sector B."
- "Um, seems to be some Class D."
- "Heh, I bet you fifty bucks that as he won't make it another five minutes."
- Security Chief Franklin will occasionally broadcast advice over the facility radio to remaining personnel.
- "Mobile Task Force unit Nine Tailed Fox is being prepped for entering. Hang in there, this will be over soon."
- "To everyone still inside the facility: stay in the evacuation shelters. Do not try to make it to the exits no matter how close they are, the shelters are your best chance of making it through this."
- "To everyone still hearing this: reality-bending events are common during containment breaches of this magnitude. Do not trust your senses. Do not trust anyone or anything."
- "To everyone still hearing this: reality-bending events are common during containment breaches of this magnitude.. during containment breaches of this magnitude.. [distorted] ..during containment breaches of this magnitude.. [further distorted] DO NOT TRUST YOUR SENSES."
Very Fine Radio[edit | edit source]
Putting the radio into SCP-914 on "Very Fine" will result in the radio scrambling uncontrollably through the channels, as well as emitting a series of loud tones. If the player pays attention to the pattern of beeps, they will obtain the code to Dr. Maynard's office.