We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
SCP-173, also known as "The Sculpture", is the main antagonist of SCP - Containment Breach.
Description[edit | edit source]
SCP-173 is a sculpture constructed of concrete and rebar with krylon-brand spray paint. It is capable of moving at high speeds and will kill by either snapping at the base of the skull or strangulation. SCP-173 is incapable of moving when in a direct line of sight. Line of sight must not be broken at any time with it.
When SCP-173 is not being observed, sounds of scraping stone can be heard. SCP-173 produces a mixture of blood and feces through unknown means.
In-game[edit | edit source]
SCP-173 is the first SCP object that the player encounters. At the start of the game, D-9341 is taken from his cell along with two other class-Ds to perform testing on SCP-173. However, during the testing routine the site undergoes a huge power failure, allowing SCP-173 to kill the two class-Ds and a guard and escape into the ventilation system.
Once the containment breach has started, SCP-173 first appears in the office connected to its containment area. Security Chief Franklin can be seen warning Agent Ulgrin about SCP-173 being behind him. Ulgrin will then turn around and start backing out of the room while they both continue to stare at SCP-173. Once they leave the room a brief blackout will occur, allowing SCP-173 to escape.
Throughout the game, SCP-173 will follow and attempt to kill the player. If the player doesn't blink or look away from it, SCP-173 cannot move. If the player does blink or look away, SCP-173 will either move significantly closer to them or open any doors that are blocking its way. Its movement can be noticed by the stone scraping sounds it makes while travelling.
SCP-173 can spawn in any room of the facility. It is frequently seen inside lockrooms, gas catwalks, server farms, the small testing room, and sometimes in the metal corridors. Rooms that it can suddenly appear in typically have a broken ventilation shaft cover in the room.
If the MTF operatives encounter SCP-173, they will proceed to prioritize re-containing it, ignoring the player if present unless approached directly. When an operative needs to blink, they will announce it before doing so in order to prevent SCP-173 from moving. The operatives will then use a containment box to capture SCP-173 and return it to its containment chamber.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The picture on its foundation article is actually a sculpture created by Izumi Kato, a Japanese artist.
- SCP-173 was the first SCP object ever written, single-handedly responsible for the creation of the SCP Foundation Wiki.
- The original author of SCP-173 is Wesley Williams. This was confirmed by the SCP Foundation Wiki staff.
- Typing the
halloweencommand into the console will change SCP-173's texture to resemble that of a Jack-O-Lantern. This was added as an easter egg as part of the "Halloween Update".
- Even if the player's line of sight is obstructed by a wall, SCP-173 will not move when the player looks in its direction.
- The body model of SCP-173 was able to preform different poses for a short while after update 0.6.3, but this feature was later removed after the model was swapped for a new one. (Regalis has stated that if someone is willing to re-program this into the current model, that he would insert it back into the game.)
Gallery[edit | edit source]