SCP-294, known as "The Coffee Machine", is an SCP object encountered in SCP - Containment Breach.
Description[edit | edit source]
SCP-294 is a standard coffee vending machine, the only noticeable difference being an entry touchpad with buttons corresponding to an English QWERTY keyboard.
Upon depositing fifty cents US currency into the coin slot, the user is prompted to enter the name of any liquid using the touchpad. Upon doing so, a standard 12-ounce paper drinking cup is placed and the liquid indicated is poured.
In-game[edit | edit source]
SCP-294 is located in the cafeteria at the far end next to a sign telling personnel that only personnel with a 2 or higher security clearance are allowed to use it and that non-human consumable beverages are forbidden. After the player has deposited two Quarters into SCP-294, balancing out to the required 50 cents, they will be brought to the panel, allowing them to type the cup they desire.
All of the cups are loaded from
Data/SCP-294.ini, which allows users to create their own cups [Tutorial]. If the player attempts to choose a cup which doesn't exist in the
.ini file, SCP-294 will display the message "OUT OF RANGE".
List of Possible Outputs[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Possible outputs
Custom drinks[edit | edit source]
- Main article: How to create custom drinks
Custom drinks can be created by adding a few lines of code to
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- SCP-294's model and texture have been present in the game's files since v0.6.3, despite only being added in v0.8.
- Many of the available drinks are references to popular media:
- "Aqua Regia" and "Amnesia" are both references to the horror game Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
- "Estus" is a reference to the Estus Flask in Dark Souls.
- "Microwave Casserole" is a reference to the Half-Life series.
- "Jarate" is a reference to the first-person shooter game Team Fortress 2.
- "Chim" is a reference to the The Elder Scrolls series
- "Monkey Island Grog" is a reference to the Grog the pirates drink in The Secret of Monkey Island.
Gallery[edit | edit source]