We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
SCP-372 as it appears in the loading screen.
SCP-372, also known as the "Peripheral Jumper", is an SCP object that can be encountered in SCP - Containment Breach.
Description[edit | edit source]
SCP-372 is a creature of unknown genus, approximately 2 meters long from head to tail and weighing approximately 45 kilograms. It has a long, thin body with eight pairs of narrow limbs. Every part of the body is abnormally flexible, and the limbs are coated with small fibers that cling to almost any solid surface.
In place of eyes or ears, it has a yellow sensory organ which is capable not only of echolocation, but also of detecting energy transfers, such as the electrical impulses in the brains of nearby beings. SCP-372 has learned to time its movements to those pulses, predicting the movements of any being around it. It uses this technique to hide, either by hiding behind the head of a person looking for it, or by hiding in their scotomas (blind spots) and saccades (clipping during eye movement).
In-game[edit | edit source]
Upon entering SCP-372's containment chamber, a rustling sound is heard, meaning that SCP-372 has started to stalk the player. By turning very quickly or blinking rapidly, the player, on occasion, can see SCP-372 out of the corner of their view. SCP-372 sometimes makes noises while stalking the player throughout the game.
Sounds[edit | edit source]
- Upon entering its chamber
- Upon scurrying across the player's view
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- SCP-372 was implemented in v0.2.1 in order to replace SCP-513, which was later re-implemented in v0.8.
- SCP-372's model is a contorted version of SCP-106's old model.
- By turning on wireframe in the console and holding down the blink button, SCP-372 can be seen flying across the view.
- The author of SCP-372, known as Sylocat, has stated that SCP-372 possesses a yellow orb-like sensory organ capable of picking up auditory and visual information in a way similar to echolocation.
- In addition, the author has also stated that SCP-372's biology is closer to reptilian than insectoid. 
Gallery[edit | edit source]
SCP-372's document. In-game this file contains the code to the maintenance tunnels' blast door, written in pen at the bottom right.
References[edit | edit source]