SCP-970 as it appears in the loading screen.
| Object Class
| SCP Link
SCP-970, also known as "The Recursive Room", is an SCP encountered in SCP - Containment Breach.
SCP-970 is a spatial phenomenon wherein a collection of rooms are looped on themselves. In all cases found, this is by means of a series of doors appearing in the walls, all in a straight line, such that it is possible to walk forwards and end up at the starting position. The alteration to the rooms does not affect neighbouring rooms and floors.
SCP-970 affects a 2-way hallway and storage room in the Light Containment Zone. Inside the storage room is a level 1 keycard, a 9V battery, SCP-939's document and an empty cup. As the player walks through the looping doors, several changes in the environment can be noticed:
- Depending on how many items are in the player's inventory, one of them might disappear.
- The player will randomly get injured.
- Blood decals will randomly appear in the room, sometimes on the ceiling.
- If the player is carrying any documents, one of them will be replaced by another random document.
- A Strange Note will appear in the room or replace an existing item in the player's inventory.
- A dead scientist will appear in the room, rotating in mid-air should the player continue walking through SCP-970.
- A random item can appear in the player's inventory.
- A guard can be found standing in the hallway. He will not speak but will always face the player. He will disappear if the player continues going through the doors.
- Security Chief Franklin's fourth emergency broadcast will play, regardless of whether or not the player has the radio equipped.
- SCP-173's texture will swap to its Halloween variant.
The hallway SCP-970 is affecting.
The random blood splatters.
Ditto, floating in mid-air.
A guard encountered in the hallway.