We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
SCP-990 as he appears in the loading screen.
SCP-990, or "Dream Man", is a humanoid SCP seen in SCP - Containment Breach.
Description[edit | edit source]
SCP-990 is generally a human male dressed in a Cold War era business suit, who appears to Foundation personnel through dreams. Thus far, no Foundation personnel have encountered SCP-990 in the real world; if it corresponds to an actual human being, it has yet to be found. Presently, there have been no reports of SCP-990 appearing to non-Foundation personnel.
SCP-990's existence came to light when several Agents discussed having dreams involving a similar individual. Numerous other Agents reported dream-sightings of an individual matching the description of SCP-990.
In-game[edit | edit source]
SCP-990 does not appear in-game. However, upon loading the game, if the player encounters the "CWM" loading screen, audio clips of SCP-990 will play. These audio clips will contain quotes of SCP-990 talking to the player as if they were in a dream. Along with the audio, ominous messages written out in various symbols flash on the screen in place of the usual text.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Once the map starts loading
- "You look afraid. Don't be afraid. This is a dream. The last dream you may ever have, for nightmares are coming."
- Once the map has finished loading
- "I wouldn't want to wake up, but unfortunately, you must."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The audio clips for SCP-990 were done by TheVolgun.
- Before v0.7.2, SCP-990's image would still appear in the background of the loading screen. The figure was often speculated to be either SCP-990 or a member of "Nobody".
- The audio files for SCP-990 in the game's files have the extension .cwm. The files can be listened to outside of the game by changing the file extension to .ogg.
- The extension 'cwm' is presumed to mean Cold War Man, since that is how SCP-990 is described in its article.
- An unused photo-negative version of SCP-990's loading screen can be found in the directory
SCP - Containment Breach/GFX/cwm.cwm.
Gallery[edit | edit source]