SCP-990 as he appears in the loading screen.
SCP-990, or "Dream Man", is a humanoid SCP seen in SCP - Containment Breach.
Description[edit | edit source]
SCP-990 is generally a human male dressed in a Cold War era business suit, who appears to Foundation personnel through dreams. Thus far, no Foundation personnel have encountered SCP-990 in the real world; if it corresponds to an actual human being, it has yet to be found. Presently, there have been no reports of SCP-990 appearing to non-Foundation personnel.
SCP-990's existence came to light when several Agents discussed having dreams involving a similar individual. Numerous other Agents reported dream-sightings of an individual matching the description of SCP-990.
In-game[edit | edit source]
SCP-990 appears in the "CWM" loading screen, where he will talk to the player as if they were dreaming. Instead of an excerpt from 990's article, vague messages and tips with random characters will appear.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Once the map starts loading
- "You look afraid. Don't be afraid. This is a dream. The last dream you may ever have, for nightmares are coming."
- Once the map has finished loading
- "I wouldn't want to wake up, but unfortunately, you must."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- SCP-990 is voiced by TheVolgun.
- SCP-990's loading screen has been in-game since v0.1. Before receiving lines in v0.7.2, he was speculated to be either 990 or a member of Nobody.
- SCP-990's audio files have the extension .cwm, and can be listened to outside the game by changing them to .ogg.
- 'cwm' is presumed to mean Cold War Man, as SCP-990 is described as.
- An unused photo-negative version of SCP-990's loading screen can be found in the directory
SCP - Containment Breach/GFX/cwm.cwm.
Gallery[edit | edit source]