We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
The guards act as defense against possible containment breaches, and to ensure that Class-D personnel comply with orders and do not attempt to escape. Thus far, there are ten guards that can be encountered in the game.The guards wear a white, full body suit with a black tactical vest overlapping the torso bit. They wear black balaclavas and a black riot helmet with a yellow visor, obscuring any facial detail. They also wear black gloves and combat boots, with their weapons being a FN P90 with a green ACOG scope attached to the top rail.
Agent Ulgrin is a minor character who acts as the player's escort during the intro sequence.
In the Class-D Cells, Ulgrin will open the player's cell and tell them that they are needed for testing. If the player refuses, the guard will lock the door and activate the gas valve causing the player to die.
Upon cooperation, the guard will tell the player to follow him to SCP-173's containment chamber. He will lead in front, while another guard follows behind, both guards casually conversing en-route to SCP-173's chamber. If the player refuses to follow the guard, then he will shoot the player.
After the breach, Agent Ulgrin and Security Chief Franklin can be seen inside the intro office. Franklin will alert Ulgrin of SCP-173, which appears directly behind him. The two then proceed to back out of the room, both watching SCP-173. If the player attempts to go near Ulgrin during this sequence he will open fire on the player.
Ulgrin can later be heard conversing with another person over channel five of the radio. He will claim that Dr. Maynard is still inside the facility, suggesting that he has already escaped the site by the time this conversation takes place.
- Prior to opening D-9341's cell
- "Control, this is Agent Ulgrin. I need to request open up Cell 3-11."
- "Copy that."
- Upon opening the cell
- "Hey, they've got some work for ya. Do me a favour and step out of your cell."
- Upon exiting the cell
- "Just follow me. Oh and by the way, we're authorized to kill any disobedient test subjects, so don't try anything stupid."
- "Just follow me. Oh and by the way, we're authorized to uh, exterminate any disobedient test subjects, so I'd recommend not doing anything stupid."
- Upon reaching SCP-173's containment chamber.
- "Well, we're here. Just get in there and follow all the instructions and uh, you'll probably be fine."
- "Well, we're here. I'm still disappointed I didn't get to punch you, but whatever."
- "Well, we're here. I'm still disappointed I didn't get to punch you in the face, but *sigh* whatever."
- "Just get in there and follow all the instructions and uh, you'll probably be fine. Or maybe you won't be. Either way, I don't really care."
- "Well anyway, let's not waste anymore time. They're waiting for you down in the chamber."
- If the player refuses to exit their cell
- "What are you stupid or something? I said step out of the cell. If you don't step out of the cell I'm gonna kick your ass."
- "Look buddy I don't have all day. I'm trying to be polite about this. If you don't step out of the cell I'm gonna kick your ass."
- "Huh, you have got to be the dumbest test subject we've ever had. Oh well, shut the doors and open the gas valves."
- "Huh, I'm actually kinda disappointed you didn't put up a fight. I was looking forward to punching you in the face."
- If the player refuses to follow Ulgrin
- "Hey, dumbass! You're going the wrong way. Get the hell over here right now!"
- "Hurry up! They're waiting for you."
- "Look dude, I already hate my job. Why are you making it more difficult for me?"
- "I ain't in the mood for this shit, I have no problem putting a bullet in your brain if you don't start cooperating."
- "I'm not in the mood for this shit, I have no problem putting a bullet in your head if you don't start cooperating."
- When Ulgrin decides to kill the player
- "Alright, you know what? Fine, be that way. We'll just get somebody else then."
- "Alright fine, be that way. We'll just get somebody else then."
- After being killed by Ulgrin
- "[Distorted] I'll get rid of the body, you can go and fetch me another one….."
- While en-route to SCP-173's chamber, Ulgrin will start talking to the guard walking behind the player
- "So, uh, how's it going?"
- "Uh, a-are you talking to me?"
- "Well yeah, who do you think I'm talking to, this guy with the punchable face? Course I'm talking to you."
- "Oh, I'm just a little surprised. I think this is the first time you've ever spoken to me."
- "Well yeah, it's your first day working here."
- "Uh, actually, we've worked together now for about 5 months."
- "Really? Wow. That's weird."
- "Uh, so you see any good movies lately?"
- "Uh, I don't really watch movies. I mostly read books."
- "Yeah? What kind of books?"
- "Uh, horror, science fiction, anything like that."
- "[scoffs] You're kidding me."
- "Your whole job revolves around horror and science fiction, except, you know, it's not actually fiction."
- "Well, actually, I'm planning on writing a book about my exper-"
- "Yeah, look, no offense, but I've already lost interest in what you're talking about."
- "Man, I'm hungry. Hey, today's pizza day down at the cafeteria, right?"
- "Uh, a-actually, I think it's tuna casserole."
- "Oh, god dammit. Well, my day's ruined. The only reason I still come here is for the pizza. I don't know what it is about that pizza, but it's delicious. Tuna casserole, on the other hand, is a disgusting abomination and it should be locked up in here with the rest of these freaks."
- "Uh, okay.."
- "Let me guess. You don't have a girlfriend, do you?"
- "Uh, a-are you talking to me?"
- "Course I'm talking to you."
- "Is it that obvious?"
- "Well I'm definitely not a mind reader, otherwise I'd be locked up in this place, so, yeah, I'd say it's pretty damn obvious."
- "Well, how am I supposed to get a girlfriend anyway when I have this job? I mean, I can't tell her about it, so what am I supposed to do?"
- "Just lie to her. Tell her you work at some coffee shop or something."
- "Well, what if I accidentally forgot to wash my hands here at work, and I came home and there was blood on my hands? What would I say to her then?"
- "Uh, I don't know, tell her it's, uh... ketchup."
- "Ketchup? Why would I have ketchup on my hands if I worked at a coffee shop?"
- "Ugh, j-just forget it."
- "Uh, so you see any good movies lately?"
- "Uh, I don't really watch movies."
- "Oh ok. Well what about video games? You know that reminds me, someone should make a video game based on this place."
- "Why would anyone do that?"
- "I don't know, just thought it was kind of a cool idea."
- "Well, I don't play video games either."
- Upon Franklin seeing SCP-173 in the intro office
- "Agent, behind you!"
- "Oh shit!"
- "Keep your eyes on it!"
- "Alright, I'm going to blink. Just keep on watching it."
- "Alright, got it."
Should the player escape their escort, the guard will tell the player to halt before opening fire on them.
- "What the hell? Hey, stop! He's getting away!"
In SCP-173's containment chamber, a guard can be seen manning a look-out post. If the player refuses to enter the chamber then the guard will be ordered to terminate the player. When the breach occurs the guard will attempt to shoot SCP-173 but it ends up killing him.
- When the player steps out of SCP-173's chamber after it re-opens
- "Hey, scaredy cat! You'd better get your ass back to the chamber now. I'm not gonna ask you again."
- "Did you really think you could just walk out of here without me noticing? Get back to the chamber now."
- When SCP-173 starts killing the other Class-Ds
- "What the fuck is happening?"
- Upon SCP-173 appearing right next to the guard
- "Oh shit. Oh shit-shit!"
Before entering the hallway leading to the WC, a guard can be heard sobbing and whimpering quietly. As soon as the player enters the room the guard will then panic, assuming that it is an SCP and shoot himself. His body can be found face down in front of the stalls with a pool of blood coming from his head.
- "Please..... oh...god.. please.....please god...please god... please help me...oh god, oh god, oh god! Please, please help me..."
- When the player enters the room.
- "The hell was that? Oh no...-[Gunshot]"
Server Room Guard
As soon as the player enters the small server room a guard can be seen on the other side of a window with SCP-096. As the guard is contemplating on how 096 got out, he accidentally views its face, causing it to become enraged. The guard attempts to shoot 096, but it leaps towards him and begins ripping his body apart, causing blood to splatter across the windows.
- Upon entering the room
- "Hello? ...oh, god... how did he get out? Oh shit! Oh no! I saw it... Get away from me! No, not that, not me!"
- When SCP-096 leaps at the guard
When the player enters the elevator room, a guard can be seen entering an elevator. After the elevator crashes, the door can be opened, revealing large stains of the guard's blood on the walls.
- After the guard walks into the elevator
Agent Izumi Junko
Izumi Junko was an agent who was sent into SCP-860-1. After SCP-860 had materialized in front of her, the site decided to send her into 860-1, as the last person to have the key appear in front of them committed suicide. She was apparently eager to enter the forest, since she was not exposed to any of the previous exploration logs.
The player can find several notes left by her inside SCP-860-1, indicating that anomalous events were happening during her stay in the forest, such as her headset playing soothing music and the path turning into cobblestone instead of the regular dirt. She appears to think that the forest has a welcoming atmosphere. In the last note she directly refers to D-9341, saying that she has been expecting him and that she is "kinda hungry". Her fate is unknown.
Izumi Junko is the second subject sent into SCP-860-1 who has been "welcomed" by the forest, the first being the Class-D from Exploration Log II. Interestingly, both of the subjects were female, while all other subjects including D-9341 were male and invoked hostile reactions from SCP-860-2.
Gate A Tower Guards
At Gate A two guards can be seen standing in the large gate towers. They only serve as visual aesthetics.
Agent G. is a guard at Gate B who can be seen on top of a large building overlooking the entrance and courtyard. He will attempt to shoot the player when they pass through the courtyard but the distance between him and the player makes his aim inaccurate.
His name is a reference to the forum user of the same name.
- When the player triggers the scripted scene where the Server Room Guard accidentally looks at SCP-096, the guard's death is not seen due to the blood splattering across the window during the resulting attack. The player can, however, see either through noclipping or a crack of bloodless window that, even though the ripping and screams continue, the guard simply disappears as SCP-096 walks around the room. Note how the player still has to reenable the generator, although the server room gaurd already has. Stated when he starts in the generator room, he would only enter there to reenable the generator.
- The second guard in the intro sequence mentions that the current day is not pizza day, yet both the PA System and SCP Foundation On-site Radio state that the day actually is pizza day, not to mention that a pizza slice can be found on a table in the cafeteria afterwards.
- The guard model used from v0.5-0.9.3 uses the model of the "GIGN" soldiers from Counter-Strike.
- Agent Izumi Junko's name is a reference to Enma Ai on the SCP wiki, who's name is written as "Izumi J████".
- Enma Ai is also the creator of SCP-860's article as well as Izumi Junko's notes, meaning the name is essentially a self-insert.
- Additionally, the name itself could be a reference to SCP-173 was based on. , whom created the sculpture which